Hello, my name is Dr Kim Jennings. I am a fully qualified psychiatrist with seven years of experience effectively treating patients with a wide range of conditions, including Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), major depressive disorder, and generalized anxiety, with a specialization in obsessive-compulsive disorder. Utilize a well-rounded approach to treat the whole person, through medications, active listening, and recommending talk-centred counselling programs on my current hall of residence Bradley Medical Hall – CA, United States
My specialist skills are…
- Extensive experience in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of psychiatric disorders across different age groups
- In-depth knowledge of the various treatment modalities and therapies used to aid the patients’ recoveries
- Prior research on the effects of childhood trauma with regards to C-PTSD
- Outstanding ability to zero in on a patient’s mental health disorder with unfailing accuracy
- Knowledgeable in related regulations, codes and laws that may affect the practice of psychiatryProficiency in the use of therapeutic communication techniques to establish rapport and deliver care to mentally ill patient
Summary of the following 52-week course.
First up, I would like to thank the bpd.org.uk team for inviting me to write this as it is something I have been thinking of doing ever since the current pandemic started and I was unable to see my clients face to face. The following 52 weeks of self-help treatment are all based on traditional DBT teachings as well as a few tricks of my own thrown in to give those stuffing from poor mental health the best chance possible to benefit from it.
To get the best out of each week you really need to read through each line of text as well as do the homework that is set for you. While some of them will seem pointless and non-relatable each week is designed to grow your skills slowly with the end-game point being a better version of you.
It is important to note that while this self-help guide is on a site dedicated to borderline personality disorder it can be used with regards to a wide range of mental health disorders. But the truth is this course of treatment is not going to be for everyone and you will soon see why. When you are ready to start let’s move into week one and find out where you are in terms of mental health fitness…